Pursuing an FBA business requires you to keep an eye on multiple things simultaneously such as product research, inventory, finances, and so on. But when it comes to your overall profit margin, there are a number of variables to keep under check including product cost, shipping charges, FBA fees, and other promotional costs. Yes, you can manually estimate the costs but it requires a lot of time, and also making errors will be very likely which can wipe your entire profit margin.
The lack of financial attentiveness might prove costly when you are running an eCommerce business. With the ever-changing costs of so many products, shipping charges, FBA fees, etc, you are always at a risk of falling behind in the competition and eventually losing your grip over your Amazon business.
The best solution is to get the help of an FBA calculator. These programs are designed to do all the guesswork for you such as sales estimation, product pricing, and your overall profitability within a few clicks. When you have a lot of products listed on Amazon, an FBA calculator is a must-have tool to keep all the financial aspects in check. To help you get a better insight, I have compiled some of the top FBA calculators on the market. Let’s go further into the article and find out more.
What is An FBA Calculator
An FBA calculator is a tool/set of tools that gives you an insight into various FBA expenditures including FBA charges, the cost of fulfillment, product cost, and so on. Based on all the data from a calculator, you can easily calculate the overall profitability of a product and analyze if the item is worth selling. The tool also allows you to compare different pricing strategies to implement the best possible one which will have the potential to generate the highest profit margin for you.
Here are some distinctive features of an FBA calculator:
- It analyses Amazon Referral fees which is the percentage of each sale, going to Amazon.
- FBA calculator gives you the estimation of Fulfilment costs such as Packing, labeling, and shipping of the products.
- It also calculated the overall fulfillment fees depending on the product’s measurements and weight.
- It calculates the monthly storage fee which you pay to Amazon in order to keep the inventory in their warehouse.
- Based on product price, shipping costs, and overall fulfillment fees, it generates a profit estimation on the product.
List Of 5 Best Amazon FBA Calculators
There are several FBA calculators on the market these days. Based on their functionalities, price, and efficiency, I am going to discuss the top 5 of them.
1. Jungle Scout FBA Profit Calculator:
With access to over 200 million products on Amazon, Jungle Scout has been one of the most prominent FBA assistants out there. Apart from calculating the FBA costs and product pricing, you can also see the details regarding each expense which gives you a clearer idea about the strategy you need to generate the highest profit margin.
You can estimate the overall profitability and analyze what you need to cut and where you can be generous with the pricing to keep your profit positive. Moreover, it allows you to download all the expense reports in XLS format which you can use for future references on any device. You can also use Jungle Scout to determine if the FBA agreement is generating enough profit for you or if you are better off with an independent fulfillment method.
Here are some of the features of the Jungle Scout FBA calculator:
- Highly accurate product data with over 80% accuracy.
- User-friendly interface, more suitable for the people with no technical or accounting background
- Allows you to download the financial data for future use
- A browser extension provides you with real-time data in a few clicks while you are browsing on the Amazon website.
Jungle Scout’s basic plan starts at $49/month and $349/year.
2. Seller App FBA Calculator:
Seller App is the second FBA profit calculator on our list. The platform features an easy method to analyze the various costs of any product on Amazon. All you need to do is copy and paste the product link or simply type the ASIN of the product and calculate the profit. You can check out the web version of the complete program on your computer or simply use the browser extension to have all the expenses and profit within the range of a few clicks.
You can compare the FBA costs for different products along with their actual price and shipping charges. All this information will help you make a better strategy on whether to list the product on Amazon and if yes, what would be your price so that you can obtain maximum profit from it.
- Find the profitability by product URL or ASIN
- Minimalistic user interface
- Efficient browser extension for quick retrieval of FBA costs, profit margin, etc
- Available for all Amazon markets including the UK, Australia, USA, and India
- Chrome extension and web version for quick access to product data
SellerApp FBA calculator is available at $49/month or $39/month if you pay for the whole year.
3. Helium 10 FBA Calculator:
A profitability calculator is one of the most recent tools added to the Helium 10 seller suite. It allows you to predict how your product is likely to perform if sold. The tool provides you with all the essential details about the product’s pricing, FBA costs, and other promotional expenses and then calculates your final revenue and net profit margin based on the data. You can access Helium 10 via a chrome extension or inside the Amazon Analytics section on Helium 10 dashboard.
With Helium 10, you get highly accurate data that you can rely on and make your Amazon business strategies based upon. When you create new listings for your products, the Helium 10 Profitability calculator estimates the possible cost-benefit based on existing and past listings on Amazon. Helium 10’s profitability prediction is based on many parameters including the Product’s weight, dimension, current price, estimated manufacturing cost, shipping cost, FBA costs, and many others.
Let’s have a glance at some key features of the Helium 10 FBA calculator:
- Features XRay – A powerful Chrome extension
- Mobile application for Android and iOS users to have all the data on the go.
- Helps you find the most profitable products on the Amazon marketplace
- Calculate overall selling cost with a single click while searching for products with a Browser extension
You get Amazon Profitability Calculator access with a premium plan of Helium 10 seller suite starting at $39/month.
Wanna save some extra bucks on Helium 10 then check out the birthday sale of Helium 10 on OriellaPRNetwork’s Helium 10 coupon code page here.
4. AMZScout FBA Calculator:
AMZScout is another great addition to the arsenal of FBA calculators. A part of AMZScout seller tools, the program calculates the final selling cost of the product based on the FBA charges, product price, shipping cost, taxes, and other promotional expenses. This final estimation of the profitability allows you to make changes in your sales strategies, and product pricing and adjust your shipping methods in order to keep your overall profit intact.
You can access the AMZScout FBA calculator on the official website or by downloading a Google Chrome extension. All you need to do is input the production cost (item’s original cost), shipping charges, and CPC (in case you are launching a new product). The calculator does the rest. It analyzes FBA fees based on your input and gives you the possible profit per unit, and net margin. and monthly profit as well.
Here are some key features of the AMZScout FBA calculator:
- Generate your profit details including Profit per unit and monthly net profit.
- Google Chrome extension for quick estimation while searching for products.
- Data is retrieved from the Amazon Seller Central directly.
- Calculate FBA charges accurately based on the dimension, weight, etc
AMZScout FBA calculator is absolutely free of cost. You need to register on AMAScout’s official seller page or download the Chrome web extension.
5. Viral Launch FBA Calculator:
Viral Launch is one of the most popular FBA seller suites that offer a variety of tools to retrieve vital product data as well as profitability scores based on it. The platform uses its comprehensive FBA calculator for that. You can use Viral Launch’s product discovery tool to find the most lucrative products to sell and then using the product ASIN, you can calculate whether the item is worth selling or not.
All you need to do is search input product’s ASIN on its website and you can access the valuable data related to the particular product including its sales trends and monthly revenue, etc. You can also use advanced settings to input the purchasing price and shipping cost of your item and you get all the information regarding FBA cost, inventory protection cost, monthly profit, and so on. It’s advisable to go through the video tutorial before you start using the calculator to be able to get the best out of it.
Let’s have a look at some of the key features of The Viral Launch:
- Helps you calculate the all-inclusive net profit on each item
- Includes a powerful product research tool to find the most profitable products on Amazon
- Features market intelligence and Competition Analysis tools to help you plan a better strategy
- Quickly find the product details by using ASIN using the Chrome browser extension
The Viral Launch profit calculator is free to use.
FBA Calculator: Why do you need it?
The Amazon business is all about numbers, calculations, and ultimately profit. Whether you are just launching your product or selling something that’s already available on the marketplace, you need to have the perfect planning. To be able to execute your strategies efficiently, you need access to product data such as the cost of storage, shipping, marketing, and so on. An FBA calculator will do the numbers for you by estimating the overall profit on a product with a few simple steps. FBA calculators can be helpful for your FBA business in various ways. Let’s have a look
- The profit calculator helps you analyze the FBA cost on any product which includes storage cost, fulfillment cost, customer care, and return and refund costs. This will help you analyze whether FBA is a better seller agreement for you based on your type of business or if you should go with an independent fulfillment method such as FBM
- Manual calculations of different fees and charges take a lot of time and resources. The FBA calculator does it within seconds and you can allocate more time towards promotional activities.
- With the FBA calculator, you can compare the selling costs of different items in order to find the most profitable one for you, considering all the additional charges.
- Manual calculations are more prone to errors and you might end up losing your entire profit. FBA profit calculator provides you with near accurate details regarding expenses, final price, and net profit with a very fine margin of error.
- You can make adjustments to your price depending on the data from the FBA calculator. You can try a few variations and pick the one which affects your profit margin the most.
There you go. I hope this piece on FBA calculators will help you understand how the FBA pricing system works and how to always stay with the latest price trends and fluctuations. Most of the profit calculators I’ve mentioned above are free to use so I advise you to get your hands on at least a couple of them to have a clearer idea and figure out which one works for you the best.
- If you are just starting your Amazon Business, Jungle Scout is the better option for you, mainly because of the powerful set of seller tools featured in it including product research, inventory management, keyword analysis, and so on.
- If you are somehow not sure which seller agreement works for you, try Helium 10. Moreover, you get a bunch of seller tools and access to the widely popular Freedom Ticket FBA training program.
The FBA calculator is an important tool for the strong foundation and growth of any FBA business. With the right calculator by your side, you can plan and implement clever strategies and have an upper hand on your competitors.
Frequently Asked Question:
An FBA calculator analyzes the various fees and charges to determine the overall profitability of a product. The tool calculates FBA price, profit per unit, and monthly net profit for you to determine if the product is worth selling or not.
AMZScout and Viral Launch are the platforms that provide a free-to-use FBA profit calculator tool for its users. All you need to do is register on the official website. Input the product price and shipping details and the calculator does the rest.
If you are looking for a robust FBA seller tool along with an FBA profit calculator, you can try Helium 10 seller suit. The plan starts at $39/month.